The AESTHETICS OF DISHONESTY group project is on at London’s Diaspore, opened October 7 and running to November 2.
Happening in five parts, the project brings together a series of events, performances and installations that explore “genetic transfer, parasitic systems and the technique of camouflage,” with the schedule as follows:
– Gabriel Stones presents site-specific installation exploring “fitting in, copying, structures and relationships,” Oct 7
– Jolien van Schagen + Sinead O’Dwyer explore the relationship they have with their body “through food, object, garments & performance” in ‘Wandering Wombs,’ Oct 15
– Pop-up online radio station VVFA will feature a “series of conversations performed live between fictional characters,” Oct 21
– An evening of screenings in OPEN SOURCE, featuring Milo Creese, Tom Kobialka, Alistair Small and Puck Verkade, Oct 25
– A night of live music and performances with a line up chosen by A_____Z (Anne Duffau) with Patchfinder and others at DIY Space for London, Nov 2
Visit the Diaspore website for details.**
Like what you see on AQNB? We’d like to ask you for some help and encouragement by way of a monthly subscription to our Patreon. All funds raised will go directly to editorial commissioning and therefore support our contributors in their excellent work.
It is only through the dedication and generosity of everyone involved that AQNB manages to continue. More than ever we need to build a resilient space for independent media, one that works in collaboration with its artists, administrators, and audiences. Not everyone can afford to give donations we know - but if you can spare $1 a month, you like what AQNB is about and want to secure this space for the future, then please lend a hand and sign up. Thank u so much! <3