ART-O-RAMA is on at Marseille’s Friche la Belle de Mai running August 25 to 27.
Created in 2007 and now in its 11th edition, the event is the first art fair to take place in the South of France. Run by Jérôme Pantalacci, the curatorial premise has its own unique format that allows the galleries and artists to design their exhibition space; each booth creating ‘signature lines’ in the project.
The fair brings together an intimate number of 26 international galleries and six publishing houses, including a guest project by Sabrina Belouaar. This year’s Showroom, running to September 10, features work by François Bellabas among others.
In addition there are a nunmber of talks moderated by Cédric Aurelle on the themes of “polarisation and the emergence of new contemporary art scenes,” which include ‘The Art Market between Feminism and Decolonialism’ on August 26 and ‘South(s) as a State of Mind’ on August 27.
Notable exhibitors include:
– London’s Narrative Projects showing Rachel Lowe
– ltd los angeles showing Josefin Arnell, Arielle de Pinto and Margaret Haines
– Berlin’s Klemm’s showing Fiona Mackay and Émilie Pitoiset
– Berlin’s Exile showing Pakui Hardware, Erik Niedling and Paul Sochacki
– Cologne’s DREI showing Anna Virnich
– Berlin’s Neumeister Bar-Am showing Estrid Lutz and Émile Mold
– Paris’ Antoine Levi showing Daniel Jacoby and Piotr Makowski
– Rotterdam’s Cinnamon showing Esther Tielemans
– London’s ICA showing a number of their most recent publications
– Paris’ mfc-michèle didier showing Fiona Banner, Robert Barry and The Guerrilla Girls
Visit the ART-O-RAMA website for details.**