The Touch Sensitive event series is on at London’s Guest Projects, opening March 21 and running to March 26.
Curated by Cairo Clarke, the project includes contributions by Lotte Andersen, Diana Chire, Harriet Middleton-Baker, Hannah Perry, Suzannah Pettigrew and Nikola Vasakova (Girls in Film).
The series will explore representations of ‘female’ bodies by “dismantling the body as a category or ‘whole’ and creating open channels for discourse.” Focusing on the the concept of touch, each iteration will examine the body as database, and the ways in which this sense of communication can be understood “both emotionally and metaphorically.”
The programme includes:
– Hannah Perry collaborates with female adult dance collective, Mar 21
– Harriet Middleton-Baker proposes a re-telling of Hogarth’s cautionary tale ‘The Harlot’s Progress.‘, Mar 22
– Suzannah Pettigrew’s The Difference Between (a Mirage and Realness), Mar 23
– Lotte Andersen’s Dance Therapy, Mar 24
– Diana Chire’s Hair Manifesto, Mar 25 (12-6 pm)
– Girls in Film present a series of films exploring feelings that arise from the visual and physical experiences of the female form away from hyper sexualisation of bodies in ‘Embrace,’ Mar 26 (12-6pm)
See the FB event page for details.**
Like what you see on AQNB? We’d like to ask you for some help and encouragement by way of a monthly subscription to our Patreon. All funds raised will go directly to editorial commissioning and therefore support our contributors in their excellent work.
It is only through the dedication and generosity of everyone involved that AQNB manages to continue. More than ever we need to build a resilient space for independent media, one that works in collaboration with its artists, administrators, and audiences. Not everyone can afford to give donations we know - but if you can spare $1 a month, you like what AQNB is about and want to secure this space for the future, then please lend a hand and sign up. Thank u so much! <3