The second CONDO “collaborative exhibition” is on across venues in London, opening with previews the weekend of January 14 and 15, and running to February 11.
Featuring 36 galleries (to last year’s already impressive 32), the annual initiative — starting in 2016 and led by Carlos/Ishikawa’s director Vanessa Carlos — aims to highlight the need for mutual support in order to survive and succeed in the contemporary art ecosystem. In doing so, several London spaces will host solo presentations by international galleries.
The list runs with a number of emerging, independent and institutional names, so here’s list of artist and exhibition recommendations from us in the meantime:
– Galerie Gregor Steiger with Shana Moulton, hosted by Emalin
– Bridget Donahue with Martine Syms, hosted by Sadie Coles
– Neue Alte Brücke with Eric Schmid, hosted by Vilma Gold
– Than Hussein Clark with VI, VII, hosted by Arcadia Missa
– Seventeen NYC + Stereo, hosted by The Sunday Painter
– Kris Lemsalu with Koppe Astner, hosted by Southard Reid
– Yuri Pattison with Mother’s Tankstation + Lulou Margarine with Queer Thoughts, hosted by Project Native Informant
See the CONDO website for details.**