Role: Full stack developer
Basis: Freelance with a regular contract (rate to be negotiated)
Location: London / Remote
Start date: ASAP with a 3-month trial
We’re looking for a Full Stack WordPress developer to join AQNB immediately. The ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience in all levels of development (preferably working in arts or media) and has a strong interest in AQNB’s editorial.
This is a freelance position with a regular monthly contract to maintain AQNB.com. There will be possibility to extend over the year to implement new site features or work with commissioned artists to present their artwork in new and innovative ways.
We are a small self-funded organisation with a dedicated team and ultimately what we are looking for is someone who is similarly invested in independent media and wants to build a good relationship with us over time.
** Regular responsibilities (on contract)
- Management of our hosting architecture and server configuration
- Site security monitoring and user management
- Database profiling and optimisation
- WordPress site backups and core/plugin updates
- Management of our Search Engine Optimisation, including liaising with staff on monitoring cross-platform user behaviour
- Completing regular support tasks submitted by the AQNB team
- Advising on industry trends and new technologies, and suggesting how to apply them to better performance and enhance user experience
The successful candidate will need to be contactable and available to work within an agreed timeframe for serious and low-level issues.
** Additional responsibilities (to be negotiated)
- Larger technical updates
- Working with our graphic designer to implement new features
- Working with individual artists for specially-hosted projects
** Personal qualities
- Someone who is enthusiastic about AQNB’s mission
- Someone who can work autonomously and be reliable
- Given the nature of the task as a full stack developer, we need an individual who is comfortable with and persistent in problem solving
Please send a CV and cover letter to Managing Editor Caroline Heron firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm (London time) on September 18, 2017. In your cover letter, please tell us why you would like to work with AQNB, link to relevant projects and note your upcoming availability. Interviews will take place on September 21 and 22, 2017, either in London or remotely. We will notify all those selected for interview shortly after via email. Please note that the successful candidate will have a handover meeting with our existing developer **