Untitled, Art is presenting its San Francisco edition at venues across the Californian city, opening January 13 and running to January 15.
Founded in 2012, the contemporary international art fair brings together a selection of galleries, artist-run spaces, organizations and non-profit institutions. This is the first edition in San Francisco, with curators Christophe Boutin, Omar López-Chahoud, and Melanie Scarciglia bringing together a diverse series of partnerships, working closely with Bay Area institutions like Wattis Institute for Contemporary Art and 500 Capp Street, among others.
Independent art fair Mind Control will also be running alongside Untitled at San Francisco’s Alter Space, with participating galleries SPF15, Y2K Gallery, and bug among others. The weekend event will host exhibitions, outdoor and site-specific installations, workshops, radio shows and more.
There will also be Tote bags for sale designed by Rirkrit Tiravanija and Ebecho Muslimova.
Untitled, Monuments is the section of the fair that features large-scale work and site-specific installation.
- Château Shatto will present Parker Ito‘s series of bronze sculptures The Western Exterminator
- Andrew Kreps Gallery will present Goshka Macuga‘s International Institute of Intellectual Cooperation, Configuration 28, Technology’s Awakening
- David Lewis will present new work by Jared Madere
- Nathalie Karg Gallery will present Amba Sayal-Bennett‘s new site-specific, multi media project
- Sandra Gering Inc. presents Leo Villareal‘s large scale installation Diamond Sea
Launched in 2010, artists Maurizio Cattelan and Pierpaolo Ferrari are collaborating again to create an immersive and communal space that brings together a “twisted narrative tableaux and surrealist imagery.”
CONVERSATIONS + PANELS
- On Writing: novelist, poet, essayist and author of When the Sick Rule the World, published by semiotext(e) in 2015, Dodie Bellamy will discuss the intersection of visual art and writing, Jan 14
- The Gratitude Project : Danica Phelps will begin the talk with an auction of her own works, and with proceeds going to the Fire Relief, Recovery, and Resiliency Fund for the recent Oakland Fire, Jan 15
- Common Thread : a virtual collaboration between artists at Creative Growth Art Center and Untitled fair-goers
- A Dumbball making workshop : taking place at artists’ David Ireland’s home 500 Capp Street and led by artist Rebecca Goldfarb and Andrew Sheets
- The 500 Capp Street Foundation presents a film by Paul Clipson which was filmed entirely in The David Ireland house.
- A Light Shines Through: a video program curated by Ashley Carr and Suzanne Modica featuring Maggie Lee, Korpys / Löffler and Lars Laumann among others.
- Brent Green will present Study For Lesser Satellites + Strange Fates
- ATTENTION! We’ve Moved: a floating performance series and exhibition with Oakland-based artist Constance Hockaday.
- Artist Ei Arakawa will interpret a 1970s Japanese video art piece in musical form
- Jared Madere will present a sound piece
- Daata Editions present a selection of audio works from Leo Gabin, Joachim Koester & Stefan A. Pedersen, John Skoog and Hannah Perry.
- Stairwell’s will present a daily program covering subjects from advertisements to talk show parodies and an audio journey through Bay Area.
See the Untitled, Art San Francisco webpage for a full program and more details.**