The first ever Condo New York is on at galleries around the city, running June 29 to July 29.
The collaborative exhibition acts as a space of collaboration and exchange: founded in London in 2016 by Vanessa Carlos of Carlos/Ishikawa, the project was set up to offer international galleries an opportunity to show in London-based galleries. This year, New York opens its gallery doors to host 36 visiting galleries across 16 spaces and is organized by Nicole Russo of Chapter NY and Simone Subal of Simone Subal Gallery.
The project “arose from a reevaluation of existing exhibition models, a desire to pool resources and act communally, and the need to activate the gallery space in a different manner, ” with a strong focus on experimental exhibitions.
Some recommended shows include:
– Metro Pictures hosting Shanghai’s Leo Xu with A New Ballardian Vision, featuring Nina Beier, Camille Henrot, Oliver Laric, Li Qing and Pixy Liao among others.
– Off Vendome hosting Los Angeles’ Freedman Fitzpatrick, featuring Shimabuku.
– Bodega hosting Vienna’s Croy Nielsen, featuring Georgia Gardner Gray and Birke Gorm.
– Bridget Donahue hosting London’s Project Native Informant, featuring Harumi Yamaguchi.
– Foxy Production hosting Paris’ Sultana — featuring Jesse Darling, Celia Hempton, Walter Pfeiffer, Jacin Giordano — and Los Angeles’ Château Shatto, with Jean Baudrillard, Body by Body, Aria Dean and Jacqueline De Jong.
– Queer Thoughts hosting Munich’s Deborah Schamoni, featuring Gerry Bibby, Siera Hyte + others.
– Rachel Uffner Gallery hosting Berlin’s Sandy Brown, featuring Kamilla Bischof, Timothy Davies and Dena Yago.
See the Condo New York website for the full programme and more details.**share news item