As part of the Austrian art and culture festival, running May 12 to June 18, the three-days of music events ask its audience to “perceive the club as a utopian space” with a performance per day by groups of artists including the likes of Battle-ax, Holly Herndon, Jlin, Nidia Minaj, Endgame, Mechatok, Tami T, Amnesia Scanner, Embaci, Klein, Chino Amobi, Angel-Ho, Juliana Huxtable, Fatima al Qadiri, Tomasa del Real, Ghazal, and many more.
Running since the 1950s, the Fest defines itself as a space that challenges “the dominant patterns of thought and action, creating space for ecstatic experience, releasing potential, and producing utopias,” bringing together theatre, music, fine arts, performance, dance, installation, workshops and more.
– Tianzhuo Che’s musical-heratical Ishvara
– niv acosta’s sultry installation and performance Discotropic, Apr 2 + Jun 1 – 3
– Chris Salter + TeZ’s immersive installation Haptic Field, Jun 15 – 18
-Daniel Lie’s Death Center for the Living where “dense scenarios emerge,” May 18 – Jun 11
– Prof*X Magdalena Chowaniec, Prof*X Elizabeth Ward present the Anti-Fascist Ballet School, a “spring exorcism for well-being,” May 17 – Jun 16
– Museum of Worldlessness exhibition, Jun 8 – 11
– Prof*X Fannie Sosa presents a discussion and twerkshop Pleasure Against the Machine, Jun 2 + 3
See the Festwochen website for details.**