- This event has passed.
London Lives ’11 competition
26/05/2011 - 24/07/2011free
After 2010 comes 2011 and another edition of “London Lives”! So same procedure, same possibilities (less prizes, no Bronze medalists this year? booo) but different sponsoring art company (don’t worry the big two: The Guardian & Network rail are still here).
The attractive thing about this competition once again is the possibility to have your work (if winner of corz) on display in the new south entrance of London Blackfriars station.
Prizes prizes? Similar to last year…
• The winning entry will be digitally reproduced and installed in the new south entrance of London Blackfriars station for a year + a further copy of the artwork will be buried in a time capsule to celebrate the opening of the new south entrance of the station
• £1,000 worth of art materials from GreatArt and a £500 voucher
• A boring commemorative certificate
• £750 worth of art materials from GreatArt and a £250 voucher
• The also essential commemorative certificate
• £400 worth of art materials from GreatArt and a £100 voucher
• An exciting commemorative certificate!
We wouldn’t be telling you this if we didn’t thought it’s a good way for your London-related art to get outside your basement… and win some nice things. On the other side the level of last year’s edition was pretty high with a very diverse range of artworks (you can see some of the submitted pieces & winners here). Hopefully this year will be just as good.
All 100 shortlisted entrants will be invited to exhibit their original framed artwork at Bankside Gallery from 9-18 September 2011. All works will be then offered for sale although a 50% comission + VAT goes to the Bankside Gallery & Cancer Research UK.
Go on! Give it a go! It’s free to submit!! Conditions, submission page, judging criteria, info & all that jazz @ The Guardian. You only have until July 24th btw!