The 35th edition of Art Brussels is on at the Belgian capital’s Tour & Taxis landmark building opens April 21 to 23.
The 2017 art fair will be host to 145 galleries, and is divided into sections which include Discovery (young and emerging), Prime (established modern and contemporary artists), Rediscovery (art work spanning from 1917 to 1987, including both living and deceased artists) and Solo presentations, which offer an in depth approach to viewing an artist’s practice.
There are a number of other events happening outside of the art fair that we recommend, including Indpendent Brussels, running April 19 to 23, and the fifth edition of Girls Heart Brussels that focuses solely on “lesbian, queer and feminist initiatives.”
Some of our recommendations include:
– Sara Sejin Chang (Sara van der Heide) premieres film Brussels (2016) at Les Brigittines, Apr 21
– Miaux live performance at Les Brigittines, Apr 22
– Aline Bouvy gives a guided tour of Maison Grégoire, Apr 23
– Carlos/Ishikawa London presents work by Issy Wood & Darja Bajagić
– Levy Delval presents works by Cheryl Donegan, Alex Morrison and Mohamed Namou
– Exile presents a solo presentation of new work by Nathalie Du Pasquier
See the Art Brussels website for the full programme and more details.**